TEXAS HILL COUNTRY FLY FISHERS
1. Lease Season runs from one week after trout are stocked generally to April 30, 2022.
2. CHECK YOUR MAPS. Lease areas have changed. Leases are usually open all week. Special closures may exist (i.e. Bob Henke tournament) but everyone will be notified by email.
3. MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED ONLY ONE GUEST PER DAY. All Children are considered guests. A Guest must be accompanied by a THCFF Lease Member at all times and GUESTS MUST FISH IN THE SAME BEAT AS THE MEMBER, no exceptions.
4. All members and GUESTs must sign in and out so others will not fish in your area. Sign in sheet is located in book box at entrance to Area #2 at Crabapple and a mailbox on a tree at the parking area at Tecaboca and Edgewater Springs.
5. THCFF Lease access is granted solely for the purpose of fishing access, and no other reason. Only lease holders may fish. Leases close 30 minutes after sundown. No camping ever.
6. Plan ahead. Guest Passes are purchased online and each one is saved in your member records.
7. THCFF Lease Members and guests must abide by the laws and rules of the State of Texas, TP&W, THCFF and Lessors. You will need a valid Texas Fishing License.
8. Fly Fishing with barbless hooks or bent down barbs is the only method of fishing allowed. Preserve your lease fish for the season.
9. THCFF YELLOW WRISTBANDS MUST BE ON THE LEASE MEMBER WRIST AT ALL TIMES (store with fishing gear). THCFF lease parking permit stickers must be visible on the lease member’s vehicle. Be sure your car license number is registered with THCFF.
10. The THCFF board may revoke the Lease Access privileges of a member at any time for not respecting lease rules and good conduct.
RULES OF CONDUCT WHILE ON THCFF LEASE ACCESS PROPERTY
1. Parking is allowed only at designated areas. There will be 3 or 4 access points to the creeks. The maximum of number of cars allowed to park is posted at each access point.
2. THE SIGN IN POLICY FOR ALL LEASES WILL BE AS FOLLOWS- YOU CAN NOW SIGN UP FOR ONLY ONE AREA – 1 OR 2 BEATS AT A TIME, PLEASE.
a. Maps are attached to sign-in clipboards showing the beats for each lease.
b. I.E Crabapple Area #2 has two beats- Upper 2 and Lower 2, IN OTHER WORDS SIGN UP FOR THAT AREA ONLY AND FISH IN THE BEATS IN THAT AREA ONLY! Tecaboca has only 4 beats, so sign-up for only two; Edgewater has only three beats, so sign-up for only one beat at a time.
3. Carry out what you carry in. No trash remaining! DO NOT leave trash on lease property!
4. A Member’s child under 16 years of age may fly fish for free, but must have a CHILD PASS.
5. NO PETS are allowed on any THCFF lease access properties.
6. Catch and release is mandatory until notified by the lease manager.
7. We emphasize the use of stream etiquette, especially for our less mobile members and those fishing with children, to allow them to fish in the more accessible areas on the leases, ie. Tecaboca- Area #1, Crabapple- Upper Area #2 and Edgewater Area #2. You can still fish these areas if no one else is there, just move if someone less mobile or with children show up.